Panic bars and exit devices serve a very important purpose — they unlock doors that open to the outside of your business during emergencies, such as fires. These doors usually don’t get used as traditional entrances, so you can even alarm them so that they will alert other patrons that they need to exit the establishment. You should have them installed at your business for a number of reasons.
- In times of panic, these devices can save lives.
- Because you have to push with extra weight to open them, most patrons realize they are an emergency exit only.
- Panic bars or exit devices are almost universally required by building codes.
- If properly alarmed they can notify other patrons of an emergency, and in some installations alert emergency services.
- These devices create necessary emergency exits when needed, without serving as normal entryways during regular business operation.
Professional installation is best
Because these devices serve such vital safety functions, you should have a professional commercial locksmith install then. Precise measurements and the correct installation hardware is vital for panic bars and exit devices. If installed incorrectly, they may not function properly. In that case building inspectors may fine you or close your business until you have the problem corrected. In the worst case scenario, an improperly installed panic bar may not work correctly during an actual emergency!
These devices protect your business and your customers
As a business owner or manager, you serve the public. In doing so, you want to provide the best possible experience for your customers while also protecting your business. The right commercial hardware, like panic bars, exit devices and door closers allow you to provide the best service in a safe and secure establishment operating in accordance with the law. Remember, professional installation of these devices is preferable, for a number of reasons.
- Professional installation guarantees that you have the right door closer for your needs.
- A good commercial locksmith will only install hardware that will last.
- Building and fire inspectors prefer professionally installed emergency devices.
- You will save money in the long run, since you won’t need to call for repairs.
- Professional locksmiths give you peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your business and customers.